Friday, July 13, 2012

New beginnings


Yesterday I embarked on a new journey in life; I like to call it "The Real Post Graduate World." Even though I have been a college graduate since May, I have finally come to terms with actually being a college graduate. I had a real interview, for a real job at a very big building who deals with very large amounts of money. After what was thought to be a promising conversation with the head of the department and being given a tour of the office I would work in and even being shown where my desk would be, I was shown the door and told where to go to see a job counselor. Yes, they kicked me out after saying how amazing and wonderful I was and told me I should apply for other jobs. This is a growing theme for me this summer. I blame the idea that the older generations have right now about young adults. I have been told by many individuals they would love to hire me, however because of their bias opinions about how lazy, idiotic, self-centered, lack of drive, and all around horrible my generation is I am being punished. Don't get me wrong, I have procrastinated on a project or two in my lifetime, but I like to think I am none of those. I graduated with an Accounting degree in four years, I live on my own, and have very big dreams. Due to some careless individuals who have not made the wisest of decisions we are all grouped together into this stereotype. And because of this, I am suffering. The world spins madly on...

With my employment status being nonexistent I've decided to go on as many cheap or free adventures that I can until I become a slave to a job. Tomorrow I start on my journey. I don't know where my shoes will take me, but I do know that no matter where I go it will be one heck of a ride... er walk. 

1 comment:

  1. I love it. I am so getting your situation and I am going through the same thing!

    I would follow your blog, but there isn't any way for me too!

    Here's my site though:

    ladyunemployed.com

    If you add an email subscription option at least I can follow! :) If you do, let me know in my blog's comment section!

    ReplyDelete